- Chassis: Composite monocoque structure
- Transmission: Gearbox maincase: Scuderia Toro Rosso, one piece carbon fibre.
- Gears: eight-speed sequential — hydraulically operated. Supplied by Red Bull Technology.
- Tyres: Pirelli
- Front: upper and lower carbon wishbones, pushrod, torsion bar springs, anti roll bars
- Rear: upper and lower carbon wishbones, pullrod, torsion bar springs, anti roll bars
- Brakes: Brembo. Scuderia Toro Rosso brake by wire (See F1 brakes info)
- Engine: RENAULT – 2017
Carlos Sainz: “F1 is taking a massive step forward this year thanks to the regulation changes. This year the cars seem very fast and racing is going to attract many more fans. I’m convinced we will put on a great show.”
Daniil Kvyat: “2017 is a big year for us all in F1, as it’s a season of new opportunities because of the new regulations and new cars. We will need to adapt to this as fast as possible and this is why we have trained hard during the winter in order to be ready for a bigger physical demand.”
Back in October, we had an interesting conversation with Toro Rosso Technical Chief James Key about the new STR12 car and the team’s hopes and plans for the new Formula 1 season. We’ll bring you more updates as we analyze the new design and follow the team’s progress throughout the year.