The FIA Formula One World Championship has announced the six venues that will host sprint races in 2023.
These circuits are Baku City Circuit, Red Bull Ring, Spa-Francorchamps, Lusail International Circuit, Circuit of the Americas and AutÓdromo José Carlos Pace.
First introduced in 2021 to replace Friday’s usual practice sessions, the venues chosen are the result of research into high-speed sections that offer the most overtaking opportunities and therefore better racing in the shorter format.
“Following strong collaboration between the FIA and FOM, and the approval of the World Motor Sport Council, we are pleased to reveal the six events for Sprints for the 2023 season,” commented Mohammed Ben Sulayem, President of the FIA.
“We look forward to this exciting addition to the calendar.”
F1 Sprint Races 2023
- Baku City Circuit: 28–30 April
- Red Bull Ring: 30 June–2 July
- Spa-Francorchamps: 28–30 July
- Lusail International Circuit: 06 – 08 October
- Circuit of the Americas: 20–22 October
- AutÓdromo José Carlos Pace: 3–5 November